Azure Therapy © 2012 All Rights Reserved.
DEBBIE MAIDWELL, PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC COUNSELLOR, PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Hello, my name is Debbie Maidwell and thank you for visiting my profile page here at Azure Therapy Centre. I am a UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) registered Integrative Humanistic counsellor and psychotherapist, and work with individuals aged 18 and over.
Emotional struggles can be an intrinsic element to everyday life, and often appear to be overwhelming. On occasions such as this, talking therapy can bring enormous relief. Having an opportunity to engage with a therapist who is unbiased and approaches each individual with compassion, respect, empathy and is non judgemental is pivotal in assisting the client when undertaking a journey of recovery. In our modern day world, life is changing at a rapid pace and life is becoming increasingly complex. We find ourselves communicating via a myriad of electronic devices. Despite being born, nurtured and educated in relationship, the opportunity for us to experience face to face connections is lessening. It is the relationship with another that nourishes and benefits our health, heart and soul.
Individual Counselling for people experiencing current difficulties in their lives requiring short term focused intervention, for example
• Grief and loss of a loved one
• Low mood or stress
• Distress or anxiety in response to recent life event or trauma
• Loss of a personal or professional role as a result of changes in life circumstances
• Low self esteem, self worth of confidence issues
• Lack of direction, personal development or growth
Individual Psychotherapy for longstanding problems, for example
• Difficulties forming or sustaining satisfying relationships
• Unresolved issues from early life
• Recurrent low mood
• Childhood trauma and sexual abuse
• Eating issues
• A struggle to make sense of one’s life sometimes leading to feelings such as confusion, emptiness and despair
• Difficulties with trust, intimacy, belonging or feeling attached
Couples Counselling for partners experiencing difficulties in their relationship.
Your first appointment will be an introductory session to determine whether therapy is for you, and if we are able to work together. We will discuss and sign a counselling contract which covers confidentiality, attendance and payment. We will look at the issues that you want to work with, what to expect and to gain from counselling.
£45 for individuals over 18 years
£60 for couples
Ethics and Practice
I subscribe to the Codes of Ethics of the UKCP and the NGP (Northern Guild for Psychotherapy). I hold Professional Indemnity Insurance and hold an Enhanced CRB check.
Please feel free to call me to discuss any uncertainties you may have regarding counselling or psychotherapy.
|Find the right Therapist|
|Deep Tissue Massage|